VR Work Scoops 2016 Lumen Prize Gold
In a buzzing event at Hackney House, London last Thursday, Italian duo Fabio Giampietro and Alessio De Vecchi hit gold with their vertigo-inducing VR work Hyperplanes of Simultaneity.
If you weren't able to join us and The Lumen Prize, here's the list of this year's winners:
- 2016 Lumen Prize Gold Award: Hyperplanes of Simultaneity - Fabio Giampietro & Alessio De Vecchi (IT)
- Founder’s Prize: The Selfie Drawings Book - Carla Gannis (US)
- 3D/Sculpture Award: Flown - Esther Rolinson & Sean Clark (UK)
- Moving Image Award: AfterGlow - boredomresearch (UK)
- Interactive Award: Laser Light Synths - Seb Lee-Delisle (UK)
- Still Image Award: Fifty Sisters- Jon McCormack (AUS)
- Web Based Award: Farm Tableaux- Sylvia Grace Borda & John M. Lynch (Canada)
- Distinction Award for Games: Eddy Melody - Wengu Hu (US)
- Mixed Reality Award: Nature Abstraction - Matteo Zamagni, Ben Hur and David Li
- People's Choice Award: Capitalism - KIM Chaeyeon
With the winners' announced it's on to the Global Tour for The Lumen Prize. They'll be returning to their roots in Wales from November 23-28th, taking digital art to one of the oldest heritage sites in the UK - Caerphilly Castle. In the meantime, they'll be one-night shows in Cardiff (Oct 20th) and London (Nov 17th).
For more details about those events or to reserve your place you can email one of the Lumen Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep the vibe going The Lumen Prize then teamed up with PsychFi Labs & our resident music guru's TwoSixtySix the following night for a mixed up reality Friday with hacker art workshops, electro music and interactive digital art you could touch and enjoy! What a night it was.....
Video courtesy of TwoSixtySix...