The London Borough of Hackney presents an afternoon of tech industry events to help start-ups and SMEs to grow, part of the Hackney House programme during London Technology Week.
The afternoon is curated by London Borough of Hackney with London & Partners, TechCityinsider.net, 33Seconds, Tech London Advocates, Tech Nordic Advocates and WP Engine.
2pm - 3pm
MAKING THE MOST OF HACKNEY AND LONDON – A NORDIC AND BALTIC PERSPECTIVE
Supported by London & Partners, Nordic Tech Advocates and London Tech Advocates.
Some of the most exciting startups coming out of the Nordic and Baltic regions discuss how this city has helped them open up global growth opportunities. The session will be useful for international and native companies.
- Chair: Nassir Achour, VidFlow(Norway), based at the Oslo Innovation Embassy in the Trampery Old St, Shoreditch
- Ernest Jenavs, Edurio (Latvia), based in Shoreditch
- Ranj Begley, Readly (Sweden)
- Jeanette Carlsson, Tech Nordic Advocates (UK/Nordics).
3.30pm - 4.30pm
BRANDS AS PUBLISHERS
Support by WP Engine and TechCityInsider.
Learn how they engage with customers in ever-changing, ever-more sophisticated ways.
- Mary Ellen Dugan, chief marketing officer, WP Engine, Austin Texas
- Scott Wilkinson, head of brand, acquisitions and digital, Virgin Media Business, London
- Julian Blake, editor, TechCityinsider, London
5pm - 6pm
START-UPS AND THE MEDIA
Supported by 33Seconds and TechCityInsider.
PR and social media agency 33Seconds presents a practical panel discussion to help startups understand how the media operates, including: how to pitch a story and cut through the noise; setting the news agenda, and tailoring your message to suit current trends.