In 2014, following on from the success of Hackney House, the London Borough of Hackney created an exceptional semi-permanent space, BL-NK – a stage for Hackney to continue celebrating and supporting what is rapidly becoming one of the most exciting creative, cultural, commercial and technological clusters in Europe, if not the world.
After a great 15 months in its first location, we now have a new venue to continue the work started in East Road with our mission remaining to take every opportunity to
- showcase Hackney’s business community, especially across our design, tech and creative sectors
- generate working links and new contracts
- open up new markets
- present the area and our business sectors on the world stage as a business investment and partnership destination.
Hackney House at Curtain Road
Hackney House, Curtain Road is a unique, 4,500 SqFt mixed purpose urban space which opened in September 2015. Set over three floors the venue provides
- versatile and flexible event spaces
- a first floor event room with bar and roof terrace
- a gallery space
- a number of meeting rooms available to every business based in Hackney and beyond.
- Hackney House is fully licenced to perform civil partnerships and marriages
The first floor of Hackney House is home to a digital art gallery, showcasing work with close ties to the area that uses technology as its intrinsic material and to reach global audiences. The aim is to support and promote individual and independent creative talent from across Hackney and other East London boroughs.
Wallpaper is the perfect vehicle to explore just about any theme with endless possibilities that are not locked away in a book or on screen but there to enjoy and live with. Local artist Angela Groundwater's exquisite designed are featured through out the venue. All Angela's original patterns (including collaborative designs) are available to purchase & are proudly designed and made in the UK.